Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat in Northern New South Wales, in the Tweed Valley between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast hinterland, lies Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat. Luxury and romance in the rainforest … Privacy, comfort and luxury – the perfect getaway surrounded by lush rainforest.
Designed to seamlessly combine the three key ingredients of the perfect romantic getaway – privacy, comfort and luxury – with a stunning natural location, Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat comprises just 10 private architect-designed luxury bungalows placed discreetly in a spectacularly pristine Australian rainforest. Set on 100 hectares (250 acres) at the end of a peaceful valley, the Retreat is bordered on three sides by World Heritage National Park, assuring true peace and privacy.
For a honeymoon … or a romantic surprise for a birthday or anniversary … or just an escape from life’s hectic pace … this is the ideal relaxing getaway. Stroll along stunning fern-lined gullies, under giant strangler figs and 400-year-old rainforest trees. Lie in a hammock over a bubbling rainforest brook of pure, crystal-clear mountain water. Back at your bungalow, enjoy freshly prepared, delicious gourmet food that has been quietly delivered to you, relax with a DVD from our extensive library and then snuggle up for the night with your loved one in exotic luxury.
Surrounded on 3 sides by the Numinbah Nature Reserve which itself adjoins the Springbrook and Lamington National Parks, you will be as close as you can get to living in a internationally significant nature reserve. The World Heritage-listed rainforests of the Mount Warning volcano have evolved over 100 million years and are home to many rare and endangered plants and animal species. A romantic escape to Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat is a perfect excuse for exploring the biodiversity of this region.
The unforgettable experience that is Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat is designed for couples or individual guests. Additional guests and/or children cannot be accommodated in our bungalows.
Five types of luxury accommodation set right inside the Australian rainforest
Our 13 architect-designed cabins, bungalows and Lodges, are located in a spectacularly lush rainforest, set discreetly apart so that none is visible from any other.
Creekside Spa Cabins
Traditional romantic cottage with exposed timber beams
These lovely romantic cabins are set amongst the rainforest, close to the creek. This traditional cottage-like accommodation with
- Cosier cottage style with exposed ceiling beams of polished wood
- So close to the creek you can hear the water
- Sliding glass doors open to a large covered deck
- Wood burning fireplace
- Marble bathroom with sunken double spa bath and floor-to-ceiling rainforest views
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, black granite bench tops
Rainforest Canopy Bungalows
A contemporary split-level cabin with fireplace and spa
A romantic split-level cabin with a curved, oak-lined ceiling sweeping over the whole interior, with expansive floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Split-level design elevates bedroom/bathroom above living/kitchen
- High oak-lined, curved ceiling sweeps over both levels
- Expansive floor-to-ceiling rainforest views
- Large sunken spa bath surrounded by rainforest on three sides
- Spacious, fully equipped kitchen with full-size oven
Glass Terrace Bungalows
Modern open-plan luxury – glass walls bring the outside inside
These very spacious open-plan bungalows are almost totally enclosed in glass, maximising the impact of expansive rainforest and mountain views.
- Contemporary open plan design with immersive rainforest views
- Sliding glass doors open to a large covered deck
- Double-sided fireplace warms both bed and lounge
- Galley-style kitchens with granite benchtops
- Marble bathroom with sunken double spa bath
- Bathroom leads to private deck and outdoor shower
Luxury Lodges – Mountain View
Luxury ascends to a spectacular level
Higher in the Retreat, each Luxury Mountain View Lodge presents a breathtaking aspect to the surrounding landscape, magically combining lofty mountain ridges on high with tropical valleys of genuine old-growth rainforest and stoic trees that have stood for centuries. The beginning and close of each day are imbued with the epic, aeons-old mystery of an ancient forest setting.
- Spacious, architect-designed open plan with premium appliances
- Floor-to-ceiling windows for stunning aspects to the rainforest valley
- Double-sided fireplace keeps both bed and lounge cosy
- Large private deck with solar-heated wet-edge plunge pool
- Double bath with amazing immersive rainforest views
- Skylight above bed for viewing the stars
Luxury Lodge – Rainforest
The ultimate immersive rainforest experience
With a striking contemporary design, an intoxicating airy spaciousness, the Luxury Rainforest Lodge is also a truly immersive rainforest experience. It is nestled within genuine old-growth rainforest with ancient trees; dominating the high horizon to the north is the majestic ridge of Mount Springbrook.
- Architect-designed contemporary interior with premium appliances
- Extremely spacious open plan design
- Nestled in the valley rainforest, views to Mount Springbrook
- Private infinity plunge pool, heated all year round
- Double spa with floor-to-ceiling rainforest views
Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat
Phone: (02) 6679 1591