- This event has passed.
April 28, 2018
WHAT IS CRANKFEST?
Crankfest is the Far North Coast of NSW’s largest Regional Youth Festival. It has been running continuously for 10 years. Set at beautiful Evans Head’s Main Beach area this one day event celebrates Youth Culture and Arts.
The event is a youth driven collaboration between the Mid Richmond Neighbourhood Centre, young people across the region, volunteers, and various youth focused organisations in Health, Education and Community Services throughout the Far North Coast.
There are Mentoring and Education opportunities, information on Programs, Services and Youth related issues as well as the opportunity for young people to showcase talents in Sports, Music, Dance and other Arts.
WHO IS THE MID RICHMOND NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE
The Mid Richmond Neighbourhood Centre (MRNC) has been an incorporated body since 1984. It is a Not for Profit organisation that is financially accountable for over $4 million of State and Federal funding. It runs 15 projects and has 10 funding agreements. The Mid Richmond includes a number of isolated, rural communities including Evans Head, Woodburn, Broadwater, Riley’s Hill, New Italy, Box Ridge and Coraki.
The MRNC operates within a community-based management model which is made up of a voluntary management committee which try to include a cross section of the community, including members that are aboriginal, youth, business, school representatives and general community. It is responsible for setting strategic directions, policy, planning, evaluation and financial management. The MRNC provides an extensive range of community services to clients. MRNC clients are from diverse backgrounds and represent some of the most disadvantaged within the broader community.
THE CRANKFEST PROGRAMME – This varies from year to year but retains….
- Live music stages-that provide a platform to showcase regional youth talent from Bands, Singer Song Writers Dance and more.
- Surf Comp with a twist, with regional board rider clubs’ involvement – great prizes
- Skate Jam- hosted by Evans Heads – Nan and Pops Alternative Skate Boutique. The Crankfest Skate Jam is a free form skate comp that sees all skaters riding at any given time and is judged by the skaters themselves. This style of comp was designed by the young men that own Nan and Pops and has become popular throughout the North Coast.
- Extensive Food and Crafts Markets – stall holders come back from year to year for the event.
- A variety of activities to get involved in on the day from Laser Skirmish to Kids Zone.